Introduction to The Oil Industry
Who Should Attend:
United Education is pleased to offer this course to the energy industry in addition to its extensive portfolio of technical courses. The course gives a complete picture of the oil industry from exploration, drilling, production, refining to marketing. The effects of political factors on oil prices and the influence of major players will also be discussed.
- If you are new to the oil industry or involved in it in any capacity, then this course is for you.
- New recruits to the oil industry of all disciplines ( geology, drilling, reservoir, production etc)
- Oil company management and supporting staff
- Service companies
- Finance management and personnel
- Human resource management and personnel
- Secretarial and administrative staff
- Stock market personnel
- Oil marketing personnel
- Pipeline management and personnel
- How did oil accumulate (Basic petroleum geology)?
- How do we find oil and gas (exploration and geophysics)?
- Oilwell Drilling
- How much oil is there in your ranch? How long will it last ?( Reservoir Engineering)
- Giant reservoirs
- Oil & gas production
- Operating companies structure
- Service companies structure
- Oil Transportation
- Oil refining
- Petroleum trading
- Spot Market
- Petrol at the pump
- Political factors: OPEC and non-opec: what do they do?
- Key players in the world
- U.S. Energy Policy